RedBud – 450 Report
Reeeeed Buuuuud! You can’t go 100 feet without hearing the excited fans yelling their enthusiasm. With Dungey being the guy to beat, Stewart came back from injury this week. Everyone expected Stewart to either battle or steal the win, but Dungey continued dominating this weekend.
- Dungey gets hole shot, with Stewart close behind and Christian Craig in third which is his first race back
- Alessi fell in a first turn pile up along with short. Alessi would work his way back to finish in 11th, short finished in 12th
- Mike Brown was holding down a top 10 position then his bike ran out of gas and had to walk back to the pits
- Weimer gets a good start, passes Craig for third about eight minutes in
- Stewart slides out, loses a couple of positions, makes a couple mistakes, then a lap later cross ruts and stalls the bike in a corner. Finishes in sixth
- Cole Thompson from Canada has a good moto and finishes in seventh
- Dungey takes checkers with a demanding 40+ second lead
- Mike Alessi gets the holeshot, Craig another good start in second with Dungey in third and Stewart not far behind
- Within the first lap Ryan Dungey passes Craig for second and sets sights on Alessi
- At the end of three laps Dungey passes Alessi for lead and immediately begins to pull away
- After his good start, Christian Craig slowly drops back to 13th while Justin Brayton moves forward to a respectable 4th place finish
- James Stewart settled into third after the start and stayed quiet as he would finish there with no problems
- The rookie Cole Thompson put in another good ride getting an eigth place
Mike Alessi defiantly did not start out the day the way he wanted going down in the first corner and slowly moving back through the pack a few positions. His second moto was a different story Mike gets the hole shot and leads for a lap, takes second position for 5th overall in the 450 moto.
Defiantly not what a lot expected out of Stewart with a third and a sixth place leaving him with third overall.
Justin Brayton came out of nowhere with a third and fourth leaving him with second overall.
Dungey with the first moto hole shot and led the first moto without any issues. His second moto was a little bit different, he was setting up Alessi for the pass four turns before the move but it worked and got him in the lead witch put him 1-1.
Red Bud was the first race back for Tyla Rattray since he broke his hand. He did really well working through some riders to go a 4-5 for fourth overall.